01392 423 301
2 months ago
Reports to: Group Product Manager
Are you a Parts Manager or possibly a Inventory Manager and looking to a carve a career as a Product Manager? Are you looking to move your career forward by working for a global business whose growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop in a direction that interests you? I am delighted to be recruiting for this exciting opportunity with a first class business with welcoming offices in Exeter.
This is your opportunity to work as a Product Manager with a friendly and fun team who love their jobs and have benefited from on-going training and development. Apply below and you can discover how you can join this successful and growing business.
What will you be doing?
- Review and analyse product performance and market trends to determine the life cycle of product/range as well as recognise market opportunity.
- React and install appropriate plan & action to translate into results.
- Translate Group strategy to a product strategy.
- Define market needs in the designated sector categories.
- Create & manage product specification for defined product ranges to optimise end user value.
- Define product rationalisation opportunities where possible.
- Define product extension opportunities where possible.
- Investigate potential market channels for define product ranges.
- Work together with Supply Chain to define suitable supply source, stock level and pricing/margin level for defined product ranges.
- Introduce and communicate with the sales teams across to ensure the defined products are understood and promoted appropriately.
- Set, track & achieve sales targets for given product ranges together with the sales teams and make appropriate promotional actions.
Do you have the following Experience?
- Sales and/or Project management experience in agricultural or related industries
- Degree qualified or higher preferably in a marketing or business related subject
- 2 years+ relevant work experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Knowledge of products, customers, markets and competitors.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), in order to liaise with subsidiaries and key suppliers
- Strong attention to detail to support customers
- Proven ability to use Microsoft office packages (e.g. Excel and PowerPoint)
- Active experience in a retail role, preferably in the agricultural or spare parts industries
- An understanding of merchandising and presentation of product displays at exhibitions
- Understanding of consumer behaviour and how changing inputs in a retail environment create push/pull effects upon end customers
This is a business who will provide you with a supportive, fun and friendly environment whilst you carve a new career within this market leading and innovative business. If you would like to explore this exciting opportunity further please apply below and Mags Rendle will be in touch to discuss the role and the company and answer all your questions.