£30000 - £32000 per annum + Depending on Experience
8 months ago
An innovative Development Engineer is required by this expanding heating systems company to maintain and further develop their existing and new products and systems. It would be ideal if you have design and development skills, an ability to test and amend designs to make them fit for purpose. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who can offer a technical understanding of theoretical and practical mechanical engineering, preferably fluid mechanics and/or heat pumps and solar thermal systems, but other mech/elec systems will be very much considered.
- Contribute to project work as defined by the company's New Product Development (NPD) programme and strategy whilst coordinating individual projects as required
- Value-engineer existing product lines where appropriate
- Investigate possible manufacturers/suppliers for partial or complete product supply
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of products and processes by highlighting weak areas and proposing improvements
- Carry out product/performance testing where required
- Take responsibility for ensuring that schematic system design drawings are correct whilst ensuring the correct practical application of engineering theory as it relates to UFH, heat pump and solar thermal system design calculations via the company design software.
- Generate or proof-read technical literature as required
- Assist with product training across all departments of the company as required
- Engineering Graduate (ideally Mechanical)
- Detailed technical understanding of theoretical and practical mechanical engineering, preferably fluid mechanics and/or heat pumps and solar thermal systems
- Excellent understanding of applied mathematics
- Excellent ICT skills, ideally some understanding of programming in relation to engineering and a 3D drawing package
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Independent self-starter able to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Individual Performance Related Bonus up to 2% of salary
- Up to 3% matched pension contributions
- 23 days holiday (rising to 28 with tenure) plus bank holidays
- 10% membership discount for LED leisure
Working Hours: 8.30am-5pm Mon-Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.