£22000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Life Cover and Subsidised Staff Canteen
01392 423 301
4 months ago
Working within the small and newly set up New Product Development team, you will be the main Administrative Support to the NPD team and as well as assisting the Purchasing Team in adhoc administrative tasks. The ability to multitask and prioritise will come naturally to you and is going to be a key skill to help you move your focus between these two shared departments. Your ability to organise information and implement processes will be key as you manage the flow of new products going out of the business. ANY exposure to shipping or freight (or the moving of goods worldwide) would be highly beneficial.
- Maintaining our internal critical path through the product development cycle, keeping key dates and information updated across multiple spreadsheets.
- Develop and maintain a new shipping tracker as required, ensuring all PO and Shipment dates are reported correctly across own brands and existing brands and liaising with shipping and freight forwarders externally.
- Booking parcel dispatch and collection for the NPD team and monitoring courier tracking in and out of the business.
- Assist the NPD team in creating and maintaining technical packs and product sheets for each style developed.
- Liaising with marketing as required on product launches and photography, calling in samples and logging available samples, setting up shoot spreadsheets and trackers.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Team and Warehouse to facilitate repeat orders on Own Brand product.
- Assist in the research of new product areas and categories, both in terms of sourcing product and potential manufacturing partners.
- Communicate and liaise with manufacturers, freight forwarders, shippers and all third parties on shipping dates and progress.
- Strong administrative, organisational and multi-tasking skills (minimum 5 years commercial experience)
- Excellent use of Excel, Word and Outlook is essential.
- Any previous experience within a freight forwarding or import role would be useful.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Ability to work cohesively within a small team and take on challenges as they present themselves.
- Previous experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Good numerical skills
Discretionary bonus based on profitability
Health care and life assurance after one years service
22 days holiday plus bank holidays
8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday in an office based role within a superb working environment