£13.50 - £14.50 per hour
20 days ago
Our Procurement Assistant position is working for a local organisation based in central Taunton who really look after their staff and in a place where you feel like you can make a difference and have control over your own procurement projects and who offer a flexible and agile work environment.
In this role you will be confident in providing advice and support on procurement projects and be preparing tender documentation using the online procurement portal. Joining a fun and vibrant team and being involved with projects across all the key service areas and working with department Managers to provide a supportive, cross-organisation culture where everyone works together.
Main duties for the Procurement Assistant will involve:
- Providing procurement advice and support to other departments
- Assisting in the preparation of procurement and tender documents from beginning to finalised presentations
- Facilitate and manage procurement activities on the eProcurement portal
- Procurement administration including:
- Maintaining contracts register
- Approval of new supplier requests
- Approval of Purchase orders prior to budget holders final authorisation
- Assist with evaluation and moderation of tender responses.
If you are an experienced Procurement or Purchasing Assistant and have a background in tender and contract management then this could be a great chance for you to progress. We would love to hear from candidates with Procurement regulation experience and who are used to liaising with senior managers and Directors on large scale procurement projects. If you have worked as a Supply Chain Assistant, Buyer, Procurement Officer or Purchasing Manager then please contact us to find out more about this opportunity.
This position will offer a flexible and agile working environment, with a hybrid of home or office-based work and flexibility around hours to manage your own work-life balance. The offices are modern, purpose built with comfort and convenience in mind. Holiday entitlement is 22 days + 8 bank holidays.
This role is initially on a temporary basis but with the opportunity to apply for the position on a permanent basis later this year.