0118 907 3199
about 1 month ago
Meridian business Support have fantastic opportunity within our Procurement & Facilities division to join us as a Procurement & Property Manager to lead & develop our Procurement & Facilities team:
- Salary: Dependant on experience
- Contracted to 37 hours per week
- Working Hours: 09.00 – 17:00
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday
- 23 days holiday + Birthday Day off
- Benefits include Annual awards & Conference weekend away, Pension & multiple lifestyle discounts Great training & development opportunities
As the Procurement & Property Manager you will take ownership to lead the Facilities and Procurement team by ensuring the procurement of supplies, services by purchase, rental or lease are obtained through Company Policies and Procedures.
You will come from either a Procurement or Facilities background with a flair for negotiation. Understand the importance of contract clauses and breaks and have a passion for organisation to enable you to deliver against tight timescales. Previous line management experience is essential for this position and experience in recruitment or a similarly regulated industry is highly desirable.
Using your experience, you will manage supplier identification & selection and tender process whilst ensuring all suppliers are managed in accordance with set KPI’s and company standards. Review and negotiate all property leases and ensure all branches adhere to company health & safety policies
- Responsibility for the leadership of the Group procurement and property function within the Company.
- To motivate, lead and direct an efficient Facilities and Procurement team which adds value to the Company.
- Responsibility for the smooth running of the Facilities and Procurement department.
- Ensure that all members of the team provide the highest standard of professionalism to external contacts and branches.
- Ensure good relationships are built and maintained with all suppliers.
- Enabling supplier sponsorship for Group events.
- Compile, review and maintain the Company’s Purchasing policy.
- Ensure the Company obtain the best possible deals from suppliers by effective negotiation and regular tendering of supplier contracts.
- Analysis of costs and investigation into areas of off-contract spend.
- Authorising payment of valid invoices.
- Review and negotiate all property leases, new and renewals.
- Facilitating the property maintenance of all branch properties including capital expenditure and ensuring adherence to relevant lease and Company policy.
- Ensuring the Health & Safety aspect of each property is supported and co-ordinated in conjunction with the Company’s H&S Officer.
- Ensuring all office closures are dealt with efficiently and in a timely manner paying particular attention to relevant contracts being terminated, offices cleared out and negotiating any dilapidation's with the landlord.
- Management of Company insurances and dealing with any associated claims.
- Ensure all Company operating procedures are adhered to in accordance with the Company business rules.
- Actively seek ways to develop, learn and implement best practice processes and procedures to continually improve the performance of the department and Group.
- Anticipate problems and resolve issues on a daily basis in line with Company policies and procedures.
- To effectively plan and organise key tasks, prioritising the needs of the business.
Experience/Skills & Competencies:
- Previous line management experience is essential and experience in recruitment or a similarly regulated industry is highly desirable.
- Extensive experience within a similar role, with a proven track negotiation, contracts, property, facilities and procurement record.
- Strong planning and analytic skills.
- Ability to influence and work under pressure and against deadlines.
- Articulate communicator, both written and oral.
- Have proven, excellent organisational skills.
- Clear understanding of good governance in delivering consistent quality services.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Mobile – prepared to travel where necessary.
- Ability to work collaboratively to gain results.
- Sense of fun and lives core values and behaviours of the Company.
Please APPLY online