Newton Abbot, Devon
8 months ago
If you are a hands on, experienced Process / Manufacturing or Production Engineer with a desire to join a progressive company during an exciting period of change, then this could be just the role you seek. You will support Manufacturing Engineering throughout the entire business, involving training others in new and existing processes, raising training and process corrective actions with manufacturing, and supporting the entire production process.
- The main purpose of this role will be to provide technical support to production.
- Participate process improvement strategy to reduce waste, reduce lead times, improve yield and reduce product costs, utilising CI and Lean practices.
- To build product as required.
- Support the technical issue escalation process from manufacturing, with the appropriate level of on hand shop floor support in each production area.
- Resolve issues with manufacturing when product quality risks are identified.
- Support best practice operational process for clean rooms.
- Participate in regular performance reviews and set personnel objectives in line with the business strategy.
- 5+ year's experience in an engineering technician or manufacturing role.
- Experience in manufacturing environment essential.
- An awareness of documentation structure within a fast paced engineering manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of lean deployment and continuous improvement.
- Implementing robust corrective actions.
- Technical knowledge of Product and Processes.
- Response time to technical issues
- Rig Downtime
- RFT & Yield
- Planned Maintenance
- You will ideally have an HND, or similar, in Engineering
- Some experience working as a Process Technician, Manufacturing Engineer or Production Engineer required in this role.
- Exposure to Electronics Assembly, Mechanical Engineering or Opto Electronics highly beneficial.
- Pension (6% match)
- Health Assured EAP
- Life Assurance (X4 annual basic salary)
- PMI Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Shift pattern predominantly 6am-2pm/2pm-10pm Mon to Fri with an 8.5%/19.5% respective shift premium. There maybe a move in the future to include some night shifts at a higher premium.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.