Primary Teacher - Westbury, WiltshireSalary: £29,500 - £42,000 per annum
Our clients school is an independent specialist school providing high-quality, therapeutic and child-centred education to boys and girls from 7 to 17 years of age in Westbury, Wiltshire.
Our partnering schools children come from a wide range of backgrounds, but all have Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). Many will also have other Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) such as Autism, ADHD, and communication difficulties.
The work they do is both varied and challenging and, as a trauma and attachment informed organisation, all staff are provided with extensive therapeutic training and support.
Our closely triangulated approach places the child at the centre of decision making, ensuring that education and therapy professionals, parents/carers, local authority teams and, most importantly, our students can work together to secure outstanding outcomes for all. The Role
We are all primarily teachers of children before teachers of subjects. Central to this role is knowing the child, building professional, nurturing and positive relationships and motivating students.
We require an Primary Teacher with ability/willing to teach Maths and/or English to GCSE level. No matter the accreditation which is best for the child to pursue, we maintain high aspirations for our children regardless of their learning journey and don’t underestimate the importance of qualifications to provide our children with life chances and opportunities.
They plan exciting and engaging learning opportunities which challenge and push students, whether they are working on the very basics or they are have a special talent or passion for the subject.
Our children require very special teachers who are able to manage some complex and challenging behaviours. They will know that our children require lots of attention, the right sort of communication, consistency and flexibility in equal measure, and a non-judgemental approach.Candidates will have:
Benefits and Rewards
- QTS status or equivant teaching qualification
- Experience teaching primary aged children with special educational needs, with SEMH, Autism and complex learning needs
- Able to make a difference with the passion for education
- DBS on the update service of be willing to have a new one processed.
- Staff laptop and mobile phone
- Competitive salary
- Extensive training and professional qualification opportunities
- Small class sizes with specialist TA support
- The chance to be part of an expanding, national organisation that recognises skill, effort and potential and grows its own leadership teams
- Enhanced occupational sickness scheme
- Flexible pension
- Regular therapeutic and supportive supervision
- Employee benefit service with access to wellbeing services, salary sacrifice schemes, high street vouchers, money off eating-out and takeaways