Bristol ( P O Boxes)
0118 907 3199
14 days ago
- Contracted to 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday - 8am – 5pm
- No bank holiday working required
- Benefits: Pension scheme, Life assurance, 25 days holiday
You will need to have experience as a pricing assistant in similar roles, have exceptional attention to detail, a solid understanding on Microsoft excel and experience of reporting tools.
You need to be a great relationship builder as you will working alongside your internal team & branch network to resolve escalations, manage all queries into the team and actively support promotional activities.
Pricing Assistant’s Role:
- Analyse pricing activity, margins & rebates to produce reports and insights which help enhance and protect company margin
- Analyse incoming data, identify any areas of concern that need to be reconciled and liaise with key contacts within the business to ensure actionable outputs
- Support the Pricing Manager and Category Managers by providing guidance on pricing/costing activities, interacting as required with relevant stakeholders across the business
- Assist the Pricing Manager in maintaining the pricing database in order to ensure that all products are listed with the correct price, range discount and margins
- Monitor competitor pricing & promotional activities on a regular basis
- Build effective working relationships with colleagues within the team and promote a team working environment
- Key pricing and product data administrative tasks such as supplier rebates, category reporting, monitoring of competitor prices, approving customer terms and responsibility of the pricing mailbox.
- Approval of requests on BOSS for customer terms
- Removal of customer floors and locks as and when required
- Managing the pricing mailbox responding to queries and investigating issues where applicable
- RBI (Cognos) and Vecta reporting tools, or similar reporting software- you must be able to manipulate RBI Vecta and other software to locate and understand key issues in the business (e.g. at customer and product level) and drive recommendations for change.
- High level proficiency in the use of Excel, strong Powerpoint skills. Proficiency in MS-Access desirable
- High attention to detail, strong analytics and track record in manipulating data to drive decision making
- Ability to handle high volume of data analysis at a rapid pace, generating pricing and margin insights.
- Team player, flexibility and adaptability to a varied role, able to meet deadlines, good communication skills and customer-focused
- Experienced in a similar role
Please APPLY ON LINE today
Our client believes that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation list. Therefore, they will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK.