Our client, a specialist car insurance provider are currently looking for Pricing and MI Analyst to join there team in Newcastle. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market leader in their field as well as joining a progressive and very successful organisation
Ideally from a background within an insurance company, bank or financial services sector, you will have had experience of working on multiple projects at a time.
You will use appropriate methods and tools to investigate, analyse, develop, modify, test and document reports and reporting methods which have been specified by the business.
Using your experience as a Reporting or MI Analyst you will also be competent in the interrogation of databases such as data-sets obtained using Microsoft SQL and the production of high quality management reports.
You will take ownership of pricing related tasks for the insurer; identifying trends/risks in the market place and feeding back to the underwriting teams with your recommendations for the pricing of various insurance products. These recommendations take the form of written reports, so experience of presenting and providing commentary on data to the end user is important.
Strong organisational and communication skills are vital in this role, as is being able to work to deadlines in a fast-paced company which works hard as a collective to achieve its goals.
- Analysis of the insurer's premium pricing and competitiveness
- Full life cycle analysis from data extraction to finalised written report
- Interpretation of business reporting requirements
- Analysis, design, development, testing and implementation/documentation of reports for various business functions such as finance and operations etc.
- Provide support and expertise to the junior members of the Pricing Team (Junior Analysts and Data In-putters)
Experience working for an insurance provider
You will have a strong background within Information Technology or a Reporting Services function, which will be demonstrated through a history of reports delivery.
The role has an emphasis on analysing data/providing reports but also support to the business, meaning that the successful candidate will be accustomed to this type of working practice i.e. communicating change and explaining the report content to the end user.
A solid background of working with database querying language(s)
An advanced Microsoft Excel user
The ideal candidate will have some experience of working with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 - T-SQL
- Microsoft Excel 2010/2013 and the use of Pivot
- Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (2005/2012)
Salary / Benefits Package
Negotiable but Competitive
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.