£40000 - £50000 per annum
0118 907 3199
about 1 month ago
Are you an experienced Design & Estimating engineer and looking for a new challenge in 2021, want to work with the UK’s leading manufacturer of steam management systems to unitise your experience?
Our client, a UK leading steam systems manufacturer, is looking for an experienced Design & Estimating engineer to support their quality team based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
- Salary - £40,000pa - £50,000pa
- Contracted to 37.5 hours per week
- Working pattern: Monday – Thursday: 08:00-16:45 & Friday: 08:00 – 12:30
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Benefits include - Pension, Life Assurance & Private Medical insurance
- Must have from an engineering background in Steam Design, Costing & Fabrication
As a Design & Estimating engineer, you will be a vital part in the operation; You will coordinate, design & costing of steam engineered solutions, both bespoke & packaged systems, utilising heat exchangers, peristaltic pumps & pressurised systems, from original project specification through to delivery on time & on budget.
You must come from a background in Steam systems or plant rooms with working knowledge of piping system controls, vents & isolation involving hot water or pressurised steam. An engineering degree or HNC & HND is desirable, although strong experience of working within the industry will be considered.
Perhaps your branching out from M&E installing, boiler plants, maintenance & engineering in the field. Ideally your experienced in Electrical systems, electrical controls & control valves, or electrical maintenance of plant rooms, driven to develop your career further.
Using your experience to ability to coordinate the cost, material design & sizing, you will have full responsibly for delivering accurate cost estimates & designs for fabricated piping packages. Fulfilling the life cycle of contract management; answering Q&A’s, quote packages & systems, set up Bills of Materials, monitor drawing production & liaise with procurement as well as assist manufacturing.
- Design and Costing of the Heat Exchange, Pump or Pressure Reducing system from the original enquiry/specification;
- System setup for manufacturing, from order acceptance through to despatch including liaison with the CAD Design Department for detailed Customer Acceptance Drawings and Internal and External component sourcing; and
- Ongoing Technical and Commercial guidance throughout the lifespan of the Contract.
- Comply within with legislation including CDM and PER
- Ensure designs comply with Health and safety requirements
- Provide material part lists and supplier information
- Deliver on time and report progress during the design and manufacturing cycle.
- Deliver planned performance levels in accordance with agreed departmental key performance indicators (KPI).
- Communicate with CAD engineers, the fabrication shop, suppliers and internal customers.
- Resolve internal and external issues
- Comply with company procedures
Experience/Skills & Competencies:
- Familiarity with Spirax Sizing programmes and configuration tools.
- A general knowledge of the Spirax Sarco product range and Heat Exchangers based system design experience
- Recognised Engineering Qualification or Apprenticeship egHNC/HND/Beng
- Microsoft Office literate: predominantly Word & Excel
- Analytical problem solver & committed to continuous improvement
- Experience in manufacturing processes
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a steam engineering environment
Please apply online today