£9.23 per hour
about 1 month ago
Meridian Business Support are looking for an highly motivated Porter/Courier for an immediate start for a 3 month period.
We are looking for a Porter/Courier to provide an effective, responsive porter service of a routine and non-routine nature throughout a hospital, ensuring a high quality image and standards established within the department are maintained. To provide a professional reactive couriers service to contracted destinations throughout the Northern area
- Undertake the collection of refuse, cardboard, dirty laundry, clinical waste etc and segregation of the same for disposal and transfer to respective areas.
- Responsible for reporting incidents requiring pest control and supporting and assisting the cleaning and maintenance tasks involved with pest control.
- Undertakes the delivery/collection of laundry, pharmacy supplies, blood, specimens and patients notes as scheduled and directed.
- Undertakes the delivery, collection and sorting of mail and postal packages throughout the hospital.
- Responsible for the safe waste movement and safe waste storage (in line with Trust policy/BBW LOPs, policy and procedures).
- Respond to calls from the Maximo dispatcher within the Helpdesk to ensure portering contract requirements are met.
- Undertake goods receipt within the goods yard
- Collect dirty laundry and waste from designated locations.
- Required to undertake ad-hoc requests as required including the movement and storage and disposal of furniture, office equipment, and ward equipment including heavy items as required.
- Receive medical gases, sign delivery sheets and check stock level.
- Collection and Delivery of medical gases at ward level (empty for full process).
- Responsible for escorted patient moves, Beds, Wheel Chairs or Trolleys.
- Responsible for the distribution of non-stock items / goods towards / departments, ensuring that a signature is obtained on delivery.
- Movement of deceased patients.
- Vehicle driving within pre-determined parameters.