Do you have a degree in Town and Country Planning or a related discipline?
Do you have experience of delivering projects?
If the answer is yes, we are recruiting for a 12 Month temporary contract based in Central Exeter to manage the delivery of minor development projects from inception to completion.
- To provide advice and guidance to customers seeking to undertake minor development projects.
- To undertake site visits and attend site meetings in order to evaluate development projects and discuss development options with customers.
- To liaise with Building Control and other officers of the Council to ensure that minor development projects can be delivered.
- To process the regulatory applications that are necessary to deliver minor development projects.
- To calculate the Community Infrastructure Levy for qualifying projects
- To manage appeals (including those relating to enforcement matters) from receipt to decision dealt with under either the Written Representations Procedure or via Informal Hearing.
- To investigate complaints regarding unauthorised development and undertake enforcement action as appropriate.
- To attend committee meetings, other meetings with elected members and meetings with resident's groups and neighbourhood forums as required.
- To respond to general planning and property related enquiries on site, in person or via letter, e-mail or telephone.
- To assist more senior case officers in the management of more complex development projects from inception to completion.
- Ability to communicate advice clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences orally and in writing
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Commitment to the highest standards of customer care
- A flexible approach to meeting customer demand including the willingness to work outside normal office hours when required
- A commitment to the delivery of, and a clear understanding of what constitutes "good development"
- Evidence of effective negotiating skills
- A commitment to continuing professional development
For more information please contact Julianne on 01392 423301 on click on the link to apply.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.