What an amazing opportunity in Devon to work for a global organisation, heading up their inventory planning team within their supply chain function. This is a high SKU international wholesale distribution business, looking for an experienced Demand Planner / Supply Chain Forecasting specialist, with a sound understanding of stock inventory control and management experience who can achieve the optimum balance of demand and supply across the group. Through a proactive planning process, you will ensure that the right stock is in the right location at the right time to fulfil agreed service levels, whilst ensuring that working capital objectives are effectively managed.
- Management of demand forecasting. Gather and upload reliable and representative forecasts, take any necessary actions and initiatives to improve forecast accuracy.
- Management of inventory planning. Inventory policy setting and ordering policy setting across the group (50,000 SKUs, USD 50 million global volumes).
- Creation and analysis of supply chain key performance indicators. Develop and maintain relevant KPIs, proactively look for solutions to improve supply chain performance.
- Monitor and manage inventory levels, overstock and stock obsolescence.
- Forecast material purchase spend and obsolescence, and track against budget.
- Devise and introduce systems and process improvements in order to maximise efficiency and service levels.
- Lead, mentor and support the inventory planning team to achieve team aims.
- Supply chain planning experience in a high SKU multi-site environment
- Good theoretical and working knowledge of core planning processes
- A continuous drive to improve supply chain planning process and performance
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- An organised, methodical and structured approach to work
- IT competence including ERP systems, databases and MS Office
- Degree level education as minimal
- Life assurance cover 2 x basic salary (rising to 3 x basic salary for pension scheme members)
- Company Pension Plan - Employer contributions of 6% (with min of 3% employee contributions)
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Membership into the company medical insurance plan (80% subsidised )
Working Hours: 8.30-5 Mon to Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.