£35000 - £38500 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits
0151 556 2090
3 months ago
Starting Salary - £35,000 + Excellent Benefits
Meridian Business Support is currently recruiting HCPC/NMC registered Nurse (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Paramedics and Occupational Therapists who would be interested in pursuing a challenging and rewarding career as a Disability Assessor. This is an excellent opportunity to utilise your clinical knowledge, skills and decision-making abilities in a new environment whilst gaining an accredited qualification to add to your portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
There are two options available* when undertaking the homebased assessor role, these are Back Office and Front Office.
*Preferences will be considered by request
Back Office – This would involve you reviewing PIP cases and completing paper-based reviews (PBR’s) of those cases at home. You would be the first person to review a PIP case including terminally ill cases and gather the further medical evidence required.
Front Office – This would involve you completing telephone assessments with individuals with various physical, mental health or learning disabilities and then writing up a full report based on your findings.
These roles as Disability Assessors are a step away from the normal clinical role and involves no treatment, diagnosing, decision making or hands on care, however, you will still be using your clinical skills and knowledge, completing in depth assessments and writing accurate and detailed reports. As an assessor you will be providing support to individuals with an ongoing PIP application due to a long-term health condition or disability.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any of the outlined specialities who are maybe looking for a new challenge, to move away from a hands-on position or who need family friendly hours such as Monday – Friday office working hours.
Essential Person Specification:
- Have an active registration with NMC/HCPC with no restrictions on practice.
- Post-qualification experience in one of the following occupations: Nurse, Physiotherapist, Paramedic, Occupational Therapist.
Core Benefits & Additional Information:
- A full comprehensive training course is provided (for which you are paid a full-time salary).
- 25 days annual leave (plus all eight bank holidays)
- Bonus Scheme and Salary increases
- Annual leave (buy/sell)
- Health screening
- NMC/HCPC fee reimbursement
- Continuous Professional Development & support with re-validation
- A stakeholder pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 10% of basic salary
- Private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection insurance, pension scheme, personal accident insurance and professional indemnity insurance
- CPD and re-validation support with protection and training on a regular basis
- Within the first 3 months you will earn over 140 hours of CPD.