Newcastle upon Tyne
£35000 - £37000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
27 days ago
PIP Assessor - Newcastle - Non-Drivers Can Apply! - Remote Working
Clinical Disciplines - Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Paramedics
you will need to utilise your clinical expertise and medical knowledge to conduct functional assessments of applicants claiming for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) benefit. You will be assessing activities of daily living like drinking/eating, dressing/undressing, mobility, mental health, etc.
Work Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm - No weekends, bank holidays, nights or shift work.
FT Salary - £35,000 rising to £37,000
- Suitable for RGN, RMN, RLD, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Paramedics
- 2 years post reg broad-based experience (or 18 months broad-based)
- Full registration with NMC/HCPC with no restrictions on pin
- Conducting thorough and consultative telephone assessments with people who are living with long term health conditions and/or disabilities, their care-teams and families etc.
- Produce excellent written reports on the conditions presented - this is used to aid the individual's application and their entitlement to the benefit
This role is ideal for those who are passionate about delivering high quality patient care, yet frustrated by the challenges faced in a clinical setting.
PIP is designed to help towards some of the extra costs incurred when someone lives with long-term ill health or a disability. This means you'll be helping people with their PIP case, by understanding the extent to which an individual's health conditions may impact on their daily life.
- Work from home opportunities, flexible working hours
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave, (part-time pro rata) with the option to buy and sell days
- Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
- Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
- Life assurance, private medical insurance, and medical indemnity insurance
You'll have the ability to earn over 140 hours of CPD in your initial 3 months (whilst completing an excellent training academy as you work towards accreditation as a Disability Assessor). All of this goes towards the re-validation and maintaining your professional registration.
If you are interested in the Disability Assessor position and would like to start an application, then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch. Alternatively, to find out further information or to have a confidential conversation please call or email 075 07 565 394 / email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.