Bury St Edmunds
£32000 - £33600 per annum
KQ- Asc 13/04
29 days ago
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
£32,000 plus + bonus (OTE £1,600) & annual banding pay reviews
Monday to Friday – office hours – No weekend work / Bank holidays
Are you an experienced Physiotherapist looking for a new challenge whilst having the opportunity to work in a split role allowing you to work as a Physiotherapist and as an Assessor offering broader skills and a variety to your day.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our prestigious client, working with a team of Disability Assessors enjoying a structured working week allowing a great work life balance, a rewarding salary of £32,000 + on target earnings of up to £1,600 and the opportunity to progress your career in new ways.
You will work for a leading independent UK health care business. They provide MSK physiotherapy and selected clinical outsourcing to the NHS and hundreds of other organisations, which includes connecting essential government services with the clinical talent needed to carry out high quality medical assessments.
About the role working as a Disability Assessor is a rewarding role for someone who thrives in a communication and patient focused environment. Your day-to-day role will include:
- Holding consultations with people over the phone making a claim for the Personal Independent Payment (PIP) benefit in relation to a disability or condition.
- Conducting a thorough functional medical assessment of their disability or condition.
- Using your strong communications skills to learn more about how their disability affects them.
- Working with a varied caseload and complex conditions including physical, mental health, cognitive and sensory impairments.
- Producing comprehensive and impartial evidence based reports for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to help them ensure that people receive the right benefits and support.
- Working autonomously to manage your clinic and consultations, free from admin tasks like sending patient letters or calling people who do not show up.
- Linking in with your regional support network and our wider team of like-minded health care professionals as you need to.
- A minimum of 2 years' post qualification experience.
- Excellent clinical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A positive, empathetic and professional manner.
- Strong computer and IT skills.
- The ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to work under pressure, and be flexible and adaptable in your approach.
- Salary increases annually in line with a banding structure
- Private health care plan.
- Pension scheme.
- Further ongoing CPD training and internal courses.
- Company phone and IT support provided to all staff.
- Employee Assistance Programme (accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days per week).
- Excellent prospects for promotion and professional growth.
- Split role opportunities - combining PIP assessments alongside our musculoskeletal physiotherapy development pathway.
- Company-wide and regional social events.
- Great team dynamics and a supportive clinical culture.
- Less admin tasks and more autonomy in your role.