Negotiable depending on experience
18 days ago
42 hrs per week
Salary Negotiable depending on experience + uncapped commission + benefits
Meridian Business Support is currently recruiting an experienced Permanent Recruitment Consultant to join the South Wales team based in Newport. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious recruiter who is seeking a new challenge and has the drive and determination to make a real difference.
Meridian Business Support is one of the UK’s leading and largest independent, multi sector Recruitment Businesses in the UK. A multi award-winning company, we are extremely proud of our high Glassdoor® rating and 2 Star Best Companies rating which reflects our inclusive culture and family feel.
At Meridian everyone plays a vital part in the success of our business and it really is important to us that we recognise the valuable contribution that everyone makes so we like to give as much as we can back to our people.
Join Meridian and you can expect to receive a competitive salary, excellent employee benefits and extensive training and development. However we believe sometimes it’s the little things that really make the difference so you can also expect to receive things like your Birthday Day Off, time off for parents/carers to attend school events and a day off a quarter to support charitable causes important to you. Meridian is all about its people.
- To identify new business opportunities and to promote the companies services
- To identify suitable candidates for current and prospective business
- To interview and fully reference check candidate's suitability for employment
- To clearly establish the customer's requirements in order to offer a bespoke service
- To liaise with customers to arrange interviews and to debrief candidates and customers as and when required
- To ensure all administrative requirements are satisfied to ensure customers are invoiced promptly and correctly
- To canvass current and potential customers to develop new business
- To liaise within departments and branches to ensure the efficient exchange of business opportunities and customer/client knowledge
- To monitor the timely placement of permanent staff and to resolve any issues raised
- To compile a data base of potential candidates for permanent positions
- To regularly visit customers to develop a good working relationship and to identify business opportunities
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication – written and verbal
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Commercial awareness
- The ability to handle multiple priorities
- Product knowledge
- Planning and organising
- Flexible – willing to travel
- Confident, determined
- The ability to meet deadlines and targets
- A confident approach to work
- Time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work well in a team
Meridian are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. If you have a disability, as a Disability Confident Employer we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our recruitment process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require with us.