Exciting opportunity has arisen for a Showroom Assistant to join this expanding and vibrant team, working in their showroom in Carterton.
You will work as part of the Sales & Service team who are responsible for dealing with account management, order processing and customer service for all our retail and trade customers. As you will interact with all departments in the company, this is a great opportunity to learn about the homeware market and how all aspects of the business work, from product development to logistics and finance. As part of this role, your duties will include:
- Dealing with members of the general public visiting our showroom, answering any queries and placing orders
- Supporting the Sales & Service Team with email & phone queries, which will include processing orders, dealing with returns & refunds and general enquiries
- Providing product information
- Being able to confidently up-sell where necessary
- Helping to merchandise the showroom to be in keeping with the seasonal ranges
- Labelling products
- Assisting with managing showroom events
This is a part time role working Saturdays from 9.30am to 5.00pm, as well as 1 other weekday. The successful candidate must be available for weekday training.
To be successful in this role you will be a professional, responsible, motivated and confident individual with a 'can-do' attitude and great people skills. Excellent verbal communication skills are essential. As you will be the only customer-facing person manning the showroom at weekends, you will also need to be able to work independently, using your own initiative.
As well as a competitive salary, your package will include a generous holiday allowance, company performance-related bonus, pension contributions, private healthcare, regular nights out with the team and a substantial staff discount.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.