£25000 - £30000 per annum + Flexibility, holidays, parking
22 days ago
Company Bookkeeper - Part time - IMMEDIATE START AVAILABLE!
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum pro rata
Are you an experienced Bookkeeper who is looking to work as part of a small, close knit team? Are you seeking a part time role within a busy and fast paced industry? Do you have experience in using Xero? Are you looking for part time, flexible hours and a role that you'll be able to make your own?
If so, then we'd like to hear from you!
Meridian Business Support are currently looking to hire a part time Bookkeeper to work 3 days per week (flexibility available on days) Key duties will include maintaining financial records, providing job costings, managing P&L, and overseeing the financial health of the company as well as carrying out regular discussions with the company accountant and directors in relation to management accounts.
- Recording financial transactions
- Handling accounts payable and receivable
- Managing receivables to ensure compliance with payment terms
- Paying regular bills for the company
- Maintaining company ledgers
- Handling client invoices by recording and approving or denying the payments
- Appropriately coding payables to prepare them for the accountant's review
- Invoicing deliveries and paying vendors for their goods and services
- Maintaining office supplies by keeping an inventory and ordering new supplies as needed
- Preparing purchase orders in accordance with requests for materials
- Filing historical records and retrieving necessary documents as needed for others
- Monitoring debt levels and ensuring compliance with company's needs
- Reconciliation of the company bank accounts
- Recording cash receipts and handling bank deposits
- Maintaining petty cash
- Preparation of VAT Returns for review by the company accountants
- Recording/managing staff timesheets to be provided to the company payroll provider in a timely manner to prepare the payroll
- Preparing information for accountants as required
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed
- Additional bookkeeping duties as designated by management
- Experience of a similar role within industry would be desirable, although experience within a practice environment will be reviewed.
- Experience of working with cloud accounting software such as Xero is highly desirable, although full training will be given.
- AAT/IAB/ICB Bookkeeping Qualifications highly desirable, although qualification by experience will be reviewed.
Interested? Then we'd love to hear from you. Please upload your CV as a Microsoft Word document to be immediately considered for interview.
**Meridian Business Support ltd is an equal opportunities employer**
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.