Meridian Business Support is currently recruiting for Assembly Operator working within the paint department for our client based in Merthyr Tydfil.Duties And Responsibilities Include
Your Background & Skill
- Completing quality work in a busy workshop.
- Ensuring you are meeting customer expectations.
- Quality check on completion ensuring there are no defects.
- Preparing vehicles to be sprayed.
- Rubbing down primer.
- Preparing vehicles to protect areas not required for painting
- Preparation and paint of fully assembled vehicles.
- Rubbing down filler to ensure a smooth finish.Mixing paint, ensuring a perfect match.
- Preparation and paint of new and used vehicle parts.
- Experience as a Paint Sprayer/Prepper.
- Experience working within a Bodyshop.
- Ability to work well within a busy team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in gravity fed, suction fed, electrostatic systems.
- Ability to follow work instructions/Standard Operating instructions to maintain product quality. Observe 5S system workplace controls.
- Familiar with inspection techniques including dry/wet film thickness and gloss level testing.
The role requires working at height on a regular basis (2-3m on staging) for pre paint wash and preparation activities. Shift Patterns / Working Hours/Hourly Rate
37.5 hours per week
Monday to Wednesday: 7.00am to 5pm
Thursday: 7.00am to 4.30pm