£8.91 - £9.34 per hour
0191 232 3302
about 1 month ago
My client is looking for several experienced Packing Operatives to work at their busy distribution centre in South Shields.
- Working in the Packing area of the business labelling and packing of goods to be despatched to their clients. As the role will involve several duties flexibility is an important part of the role
- Using hand held scanners and working against challenging but achievable targets
- Working as part of an effective team
- These hours may vary, however they are typically: -
- 0700-1500 week 1 then rotating to back shift the following week 1430-2230
- Please be aware to help with social distancing you may start as early as 0630.
- During peak season there is plenty of overtime available which is paid at a premium rate (see below)
- Must have packing experience
- Must have basic IT knowledge (for using the hand held scanner)
- Happy to work towards targets
- Flexibility to work in several different role
- A good attitude and a team player
Pay and Holiday
- 1st 12 weeks of placement
- 20 Days Holiday plus National Bank Holidays
- After 12 weeks of placement
- 25 Days Holiday plus National Holidays
Overtime is paid at time and a half for any hours over 37.5 plus Saturdays OR Double time for Sundays.
- Due to the nature of the product produced ALL new staff will be subject to a DBS (criminal record) check prior to commencing the role
- During our current unprecedented times, to ensure the safety of all staff and visitors as well as adhering to strict social distancing rule you may also be asked to carry out a weekly Covid19 test as well as wearing a face mask whilst at work (unless producing documentation to confirm exemption)