Up to £9.75 per hour
8 months ago
We are currently recruiting for warehouse operatives to work for one of our large clients based in Bridgwater, within walking distance of the town centre. This is working on a temporary contract to join the large warehouse and distribution team. The company is a well known international brand with excellent on site facilities including parking, canteen and showers.
Duties include picking and packing of customer orders within the prescribed timescale and in accordance with customer requirements and documented procedures.
Products are stored by bin location, and may be placed on shelving, pallet or a combination of both. Products are usually picked from the shelf or pallet straight into cartons, which are moved around on trolleys where they remain until packed.
- Accurately picking customer orders as determined by the Transfer Order (pick list) and annotating this to reflect items picked, partially picked (pick-downs), stock-outs and box locations as appropriate, returning the Transfer Order to the tray on completion;
- Recording the Delivery number and box number on carton lids;
- Recording details of each order picked on the Daily Activity Record and returning this to the Supervisor at the end of the working week;
- Removing any product found to be damaged or stored in an incorrect stock location as may be identified during the course of picking and bringing this to the immediate attention of the Supervisor.
- Moving completed orders to dispatch ready for packing;
- Assembling packing cartons prior to picking;
- Sorting and filing completed Transfer Orders;
- General housekeeping tasks
- Conducting physical counts of Finished Goods stock
In addition to the above, the Replenishment team assist with the packing & distribution of products to appropriate internal departments and provide cover and support to the wider General Stores and Warehouse areas as and when required.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8am - 4pm and a 3.30pm finish on Fridays.
Rate of Pay is £9.77 per hour
This is a temporary position initially for up to 3 months with the possibility of being extended. Successful candidates will need to undergo BPSS clearance before starting.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.