0118 907 3199
about 1 month ago
We are looking for Operation Team Leader to join our successful team within an Electrical Trade Wholesaler based out of our regional distribution centre in Westbrook, Warrington
- Contracted to 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- Shift times: Rotating shifts 13:00 – 21:30 & 15:30 – 00:00
- No bank holiday working required
- Benefits: Pension scheme, Life assurance, 25 days holiday
You will be managing a team of up to 12 warehouse operatives within a regional distribution centre so team work is paramount to ensure you and the team to deliver against distribution targets and support the branch network with delivers.
As an Operations Team Leader, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure stock is moved efficiently and safety according to the predetermined branch operating procedures, using the appropriate paperwork statutes and working within the timescale requirements.
- Ensure picking and packing, movement of goods e.g., goods in
- Facilitate the timely completion of key shift cut off times
- Ensure that maintenance and improvement of housekeeping is followed throughout working hours to ensure that all aspects of Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with.
- Ensure that the equipment necessary for performing the duties is maintained eg., Personal Protective Equipment, Manual Handling Equipment, Hand Tools, advising appropriate person if remedial action is required.
- Assist the Warehouse Shift Managers in managing the team, taking prompt and appropriate action to correct any shortfalls in order to identify preventative measures and continuously improve performance and achieve individual and team objectives
- Ensure that subordinate staff have clearly defined roles and objectives and that they are trained, developed and motivated to achieve required standards of performance.
As an Operations Team Leader, you will need:
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, environmental and/or quality standard within a distribution environment.
- Transport understanding with regards to legal requirements
- Demonstrable experience of running warehouse operations, and managing staff with ability to sustain, motivate and develop.
- Able to multi-task and achieve deadlines.
- Previous experience of inventory control.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management System (WMS) function (M3 advantageous)
- Awareness and/or skills in lean techniques; practicable improvements to workflow, work processes and efficiencies
- Effective communicator with a good standard of English (spoken + written) and numeracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to analyse data and deliver a high degree of accuracy
APPLY ON LINE today
Our client believes that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation list. Therefore, they will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK.