£32000 per annum
0161 929 3144
14 days ago
We are looking for Operations Manager to join our successful team within an Electrical Trade Wholesaler in a NDC based out of Warrington.
- Contracted to 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- Shift times : 8am – 5pm
- No bank holiday working required
- Benefits : Pension scheme, Life assurance, 25 days holiday
- Logistics’/ Warehouse experience essential
You will have direct responsibility for a team of 15 colleagues and indirectly a wider team of 100 colleagues. You will work closely with the Distribution manager to drive workloads & priorities within tight time scales and take full ownership of implementing operational strategy in line with business objectives
- Support the DC Manager to translate operational requirements, apply and enrich Rexel “Best Practice”, and where possible “Lean” workable solutions.
- Assist staff with understanding site policy and procedure to achieve objectives and comply with company policies and procedures, addressing any shortfalls in performance, whilst continually striving for continuous improvement
- Allocates tasks and workload efficiently across the team to obtain the best overall outcome
- Maintain stock integrity on site through effective management. This is to include direct management of the inventory team and supplier related functions on site to include returns and debits.
- Deliver customer expectation with the service level agreements and to continuously improve customer experience through accurate monitoring and process changes within a cost-efficient and traceable framework.
- Strongly Promote Health and Safety standards within the Distribution Centre, ensure compliance to the Rexel Health and Safety Policy, to seek out and implement methods to further improve performance.
- Monitor and review performance against Key Performance Indicators, taking prompt and appropriate action to correct any shortfalls in performance.
- Provide cover and assistance for the Distribution Centre Manager in relation to General operations and specifically HR related and budgetary issues as and when required. Provide cover for the role of shift manager in the event of holidays and sickness/absence.
- Deputise in the absence and provide full operational support to Site Manager.
- Good understanding of Warehouse operations and processes, Transport processes and legal requirements and Inventory and stock management processes and controls
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, environmental and/or quality standard within a distribution environment.
- Transport understanding with regards to legal requirements
- Demonstrable experience of running warehouse operations, and managing staff with ability to sustain, motivate and develop.
- Previous experience of inventory control.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management System (WMS) function (M3 advantageous)
- Awareness and/or skills in lean techniques; practicable improvements to workflow, work processes and efficiencies
- Effective communicator with a good standard of English (spoken + written) and numeracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to analyse data and deliver a high degree of accuracy
Please APPLY ON LINE today or call out team on 02476 012 894 if you have any questions
Our client believes that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation list. Therefore, they will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK.