about 1 year ago
Meridian Business Support are delighted to be recruiting an Operations Manager whose responsibility it will be to direct the daily activities, including labour scheduling, supervision of equipment and manpower. The Operations Manager will play an effective role within the management team in the running of the site and have direct accountability for all operations within the department, ensuring budgetary targets and contractually agreed to KPI's are achieved at all times.
Key Duties will include:
- The safe operation of warehousing activities across the site, ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation.
- Ensuring compliance of the operation to the Quality systems, industry standards and legal requirements.
- Direct the focus of the Process Manager's personnel to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Monitor the production areas and actual to planned volumes to ensure it continues to meet requirements.
- Conduct monthly operations reviews with key stakeholders to resolve issues and identify mutually beneficial continuous improvement programs.
- Develop and implement new initiatives for continued operational and service improvements.
- Make recommendations on programs, processes and technology to provide continuous improvement and deliver year over year cost reductions for the customer.
- Planning, reviewing and communicating operational requirements and changes across departments, so that KPI's and customer service levels are met.
- Operational decisions involving the deployment of employees and resources with an impact on operational costs, employee relations and customer service.
- Oversee employee relations and promote the development of a positive, co-operative and mutually supportive working culture amongst all employees.
- Manage the Industrial Relations of the site in all aspects, including Disciplinary and Grievance; Company sickness and absence policy; etc up to and including final Dismissal.
- Management of cost's to ensure budgets are achieved.
To be considered for this position, candidates will ideally have experience of budgeting processes, cost control and inventory management. Must also have good interpersonal skills and team skills and the ability to communicate and interact with staff at all levels within the company.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.