£32,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
Meridian Business Support is one of the UK's leading providers of permanent and temporary recruitment to the Nursing, Health and Social Care sectors and we offer bespoke consultancy services to clients and candidates alike.
We are currently looking for a registered Occupational Therapist doe our client, you will need experience in using specialist knowledge of equipment and specials to treat adults and older people with complex needs to assume a temporary position in Bicester, on a 12-month contract.
- Acting as 'gatekeeper' to ensure that orders for special equipment, whether for children or adults are reviewed first to see if they can be satisfied from existing stock.
- Liaising directly with prescribing professionals to achieve the outcome required, in the fastest time with the lowest cost.
- Catalogue special equipment effectively, keeping the on-line catalogue up to date and manage and integrate the special and children's equipment service across the ICES service through the delivery of monthly update bulletins.
- Providing training to prescribers on new items of equipment when required.
- Taking a lead in special projects as agreed with the commissioners (for example in reviewing the equipment within care homes).
- Providing trusted assessor training to Staff and any other agreed people.
- Meeting regularly with commissioners and to ensure the role is effective.
- Work closely with prescribers to promote effective partnership working.
- Work in partnership and close liaison with Adult Social Care, therapy and community nursing staff, the community equipment service and other agencies as necessary.
- Work in partnership with retailers, pharmacists and third sector organisations as necessary.
- Make referrals and recommendations to other services as required - e.g. referral for physiotherapy or community nursing input.
- Write timely professional reports/ records and action plans in line with professional guidelines that comply with appropriate record keeping policies as necessary.
- Be fully conversant and compliant with your professional code of conduct and the requirement of continuous professional development.
- BSc (Hons) Degree in OT / Diploma equivalent.
- Registration with HCPC
- Relevant experience of working within Health or Social Care
- Experience of prescribing community equipment
If you are interested in the Occupational Therapist position and would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please apply to this advert. Alternatively email your CV to Liverpool_Resourcers@meridianbs.co.uk . You can also contact Jen Shaw at Meridian Business Support 0 7 4 6 4 5 4 2 0 1 5
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.