£25000 - £28633 per annum + Benefits Package
about 1 month ago
Salary: £25,000 - £28,633
Meridian Business Support is now looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist for a new exciting role working across two Southwark- based Forensic residential services. You would be based within a 14 bedded high support residential unit but would also work at an 8 bed step down low support unit.
The successful applicant will be confident in applying evidence-based models of occupational therapy that focus on maintaining and restoring functional ability, confidence and competence in living skills and promotes vocational/educational pathways, by linking into local community facilities to endorse social inclusion. The role requires strong engagement and motivational skills and flexibility in working with service users with complex mental health needs.
You will also be responsible for bringing an OT focus to the activity program, delivering workshops that develop life skills, and support residents to manage and to understand conditions in mental health, will work to ensure that Support Workers, Recovery Workers and Project Workers are active in running sessions in the activity programme, and are encouraged to develop their facilitation skills and professional development.
Working Hours: This role is full time and will involve you working Monday to Friday, but will require flexibility in working hours to facilitate occasional OT focused groups.
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 28 day's paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and well being support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
If you are interested in this position then please click apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to begin an application.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.