Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £38'000 /year
Are you a highly motivated Experienced Nurse (RGN) looking to develop new skills to complement your existing clinical knowledge?
We have an excellent opportunity for registered Nurses, who want to expand their career and qualify as a Functional Assessor. You will be rewarded with a fantastic benefit package, with no weekend work required.
This is a permanent position working for a private organisation that specialises in disability analysis on behalf of the DWP.
You will receive comprehensive training as part of an induction and receive ongoing peer support from a range of health professionals.
We will consider applications from all nursing levels; however the minimum requirement is 2 years post graduate experience. The ideal candidate will have an agile mind for learning and developing, as well as excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with the general public.
To conduct medical assessments and examinations and produce concise reports for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) as part of a successful integrated team
Essential Job Duties
- To undertake a combination of file-work and face-to-face assessments of customers in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP. Such assessments focus on how a disability affects a customer's day to day life in performing work related activities. File-work involves reviewing medical evidence in a written or electronic format to determine the suitability of a face-to-face assessment. Face-to- face assessments may be recorded.
- To use IT software programmes to support clinical decision-making when undertaking file-work and face-to-face assessments.
- To provide comprehensive reports to enable decision makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
- Ensure that professional practice standards and "best practice" are maintained in all areas of work
- To deliver productivity and quality standards agreed between the Centre and the DWP and to respond positively to feedback
- To undertake recorded assessments where required
- To work unsupervised and use own initiative however know limitations and ask for support where necessary
- To analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a report in a professional and concise manner
- Work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both medical colleagues and administrative support staff
- Apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the HCPC and NMC Codes of Conduct.
Employee Benefits Package:
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- Option to buy or sell annual leave.
- Contributory pension scheme (10%).
- Life insurance.
- Income protection.
- Professional registration fee reimbursement
- Flexible benefits that you can opt-in to
The recruitment process
Meridian Business Support is a multi-sector employment agency with branches across the UK and 30 years recruitment experience. We have a branch based in Liverpool that specialise in disability recruitment. The team of Senior Consultants in Liverpool have an in-depth knowledge of the sector and a track record of placing candidates into these roles. You will have a dedicated consultant who is on call to answer any questions and take you through the application and interview process as well as arranging your start date/training date.
If you are interested in the Functional Assessor position and would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please apply to this advert. Alternatively email your CV to eharris @ meridianbs .co .uk. You can also contact Liz Harris at Meridian Business Support 0 7 4 6 4 5 4 2 0 1 5 / 0 1 5 1 5 5 6 2 0 9 0
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.