£32000 - £41000 per annum
8 days ago
Office based & home based opportunities
Starting Salary: £32,000 - £41,000 depending on location + OTE & Excellent Benefits
Hours: Monday - Friday, full and part time office hours available
No weekends, nights or bank holidays are required.
(current climate - all working from home telephone assessments)
Would you like the opportunity to expand your clinical knowledge, have a better work-life balance and gain a new skill that will improve your assessment and report writing skills?
We are currently recruiting Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN and RNLD) for an exciting opportunity working on the DWPs disability contract to become a Disability Assessor.
We have opportunities for the following roles:
- Telephone Assessor – You will work remotely covering consultations nationally via telephone.
- Front Office Assessor – working in an assessment centre in your local area – These are face to face consultations.
- Back Office Assessor – These roles are office based and has the claimant contact via telephone interaction as well as frequent contact with other healthcare professionals.
The role requires you to use your broad-based medical experience and clinical knowledge to conduct independent health assessments and write reports for the DWP. You will not be required to make any decisions within this role but simply assist with the health assessment of the claims process.
You will have exposure of a wide range of medical conditions to establish how an individual’s health condition or disability affects their daily life.
Such assessments focus on how a person's health condition(s) may have an impact on day-to-day life.
Previous experience as an Assessor is not required as full comprehensive training is provided.
What we would like from you:
- A minimum of 24 months postgraduate medical experience,
- Strong clinical knowledge,
- Good decision-making abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good typing and IT skills
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package:
- 25 days annual leave, with the option to buy and sell annual leave
- Performance related £1000 bonus will be put in place at 9-month mark, and again at 18-month mark
- Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
- Life assurance, private medical insurance with options for your family and medical indemnity insurance
- Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
- Health screening every two years, after one year's service
- Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to re-validate and maintain your professional registration
- All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and many more
- Extended clinical knowledge and expertise in a new direction while enjoying an improved work-life balance; no weekends or nights.
- Medical knowledge growth around a wide range of conditions: physical, mental and cognitive allowing you to broaden your skills.
- Full in-depth training provided; where you gain a new qualification and become a government accredited Disability Assessor.