£35000 - £39500 per annum, Benefits: Amazing Benefits!
0151 556 2090
about 1 month ago
£35,000 - £39,500 per annum (DOE)
A starting salary of £35,000, rising to £37,000 following successful completion of the probation at six months, plus the opportunity to increase to £39,500 by successfully taking on additional responsibilities.
Are you an experienced caregiver? We're looking for Nurses, Physiotherapists or Occupational Therapists who are seeking a brand-new challenge that offers a great work-life balance with countless career progression opportunities.
As a Disability Assessor, you will be responsible for carrying out full, holistic, face-to-face assessments with individuals who have a varied range of physical and/or mental health disabilities and are seeking to receive a benefit scheme, for example ESA (Employment Support Allowance). You will interpret medical evidence and gather your findings on the conditions presented into a comprehensive report, to support the decision-making process by the Department for Communities (DFC), as well as providing support for the DFC directly at their headquarters.
This Disability Assessor role is ideal if you are passionate about delivering high-quality care, yet ready to advance your career by using your clinical expertise in a new way, within a supportive team environment.
Job Responsibilities as a Disability Assessor:
- Completing a combination of face-to-face medical assessments based on medical evidence, documentation and supporting existing health professionals with advice on cases they are reviewing
- Working with people who have a diverse range of health conditions, including physical, sensory, mental health and cognitive issues
- Working within an office style environment and carrying out consultations at claimants' homes where needed
You do not need experience as a Disability Assessor previously, as an excellent, in-depth training masterclass is provided.
Comprehensive benefits package as a Disability Assessor:
- Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm working hours, no weekends required, no night shifts. Flexible, part-time working opportunities are available after the full-time training is complete (minimum requirement of 22.5 hours per week)
- In-depth training provided to ensure you're fully prepared for the role and to support personal / professional development
- Build your knowledge and receive guidance from a higher network support
- Flexible benefits and incentive schemes
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (option to buy and sell)
- And many more!
Part of your role as a Disability Assessor will be to use your clinical experience by looking into various activities of daily living and doing a physical assessment, if necessary, to understand the severity of their conditions and what their limitations are.
Requirements for this role as a Disability Assessor:
- RGN, RMN, RLD, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
- 2 years post reg clinical experience (or 18 months broad-based) minimum
- Full registration with NMC/HCPC with no restrictions on pin
- Ability to work autonomously, excellent communication skills and I.T competency would be beneficial
If you think this may be the role for you then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch.
Alternatively, to find out further information or to have a confidential conversation please call or email Samantha Hughes m. 0787-686-5570 | e. firstname.lastname@example.org