£35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits
0151 556 2090
9 days ago
We are recruiting Health Professionals to join their clinical team as a Disability Assessor based in Belfast.
This is a great opportunity for a Nurse (RGN, Mental Health or Learning Disability), Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist who would like a new career challenge along with a role that provides excellent work life balance and benefits.
You will be responsible for carrying out full, holistic, face-to-face assessments with individuals who have a varied range of physical and/or mental health disabilities and are seeking to receive a benefit scheme, for example ESA (Employment Support Allowance). You will interpret medical evidence and gather your findings on the conditions presented into a comprehensive report, to support the decision-making process by the Department for Communities (DFC), as well as providing support for the DFC directly at their headquarters.
- Completing a combination of face-to-face medical assessments based on medical evidence, documentation and supporting existing health professionals with advice on cases they are reviewing
- Working with people who have a diverse range of health conditions, including physical, sensory, mental health and cognitive issues
- Working within an office style environment and carrying out consultations at claimants' homes where needed
- Monday to Friday working hours, no weekends required, no night shifts. Flexible, part-time working opportunities are available after the full-time training is complete (minimum requirement of 22.5 hours per week)
- 25 days' annual leave, with option to buy and sell up to 10 days, plus all bank holidays off
- Pension scheme matching up to 10% of your contributions and as standard, you will retain earnings from any existing pensions (such as NHS)
- Life assurance, private medical insurance, and medical indemnity insurance
- Continuous CPD support provided, plus reimbursement of your annual HCPC/NMC registration fee
- Flexible benefits, including dental and travel insurance
- RGN, RMN, RLD, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
- 2 years post reg clinical experience
- Full registration with NMC/HCPC with no restrictions on pin
- Ability to work autonomously, excellent communication skills and I.T competency would be beneficial