£31800 - £39169 per annum + Benefits Package
about 1 month ago
NHS Clinical Assessor - Registered Nurse
Salary: Band 6 (£31,800 - £39,169)
On behalf of our client we are currently looking for health-care professionals such as Registered General Nurses, Learning Disabilities Nurses and Mental Health Nurses.
This opportunity is working for the NHS as a Clinical Assessor that will allow you to have an excellent work life balance and have normal working hours of Monday - Friday 9am till 5pm. This role is ideal for those who are looking for a new challenge and a change from the hands-on clinical role but will still allow you to keep your NMC registration.
What does working as a Clinical Assessor consist of?
Becoming a Clinical Assessor is an exciting opportunity that will provide you with a completely new challenge and allow you to add to your current clinical skill set. You would be working within an assessment centre conducting face to face functional assessments with claimants of the PIP benefit. This assessment will entail gathering accurate clinical and social history around the individual's functional capability whilst carrying out everyday tasks. A full report will then be written based on your findings which would be used in the decision-making process; however, you would not be the decision maker, nor would you provide any treatment or diagnose conditions.
You do not require to have any previous experience working as a Clinical Assessor as you will receive an in-depth training programme before you start assessing alone. You do, however, have to be a registered nurse (RGN, RMN, RNLD) and have 2 years of post-graduate experience.
Even though this is a Band 6 position you do not have to currently be Band 6 to apply.
- Full training and on-going support from a team of dedicated training managers that will provide you with a journey through a learning curve that provides professional and personal development and will also enhance your current skills and encourage peer support and mentoring.
- 8 weeks coaching programme and an in-house trainer that will be there to support you and ensure that you progress within the role.
- NHS training in a variety of topics and will receive statutory training.
- Quarterly CPD days
- Excellent working hours - Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm
- Formal Disability Analyst Accreditation at the end of your training.
- Professional re-validation requirements
- 27 days Annual Leave rising to 29 days-5-10 years and 33 days after 10 years.
- 8 Bank holdiays annual leave
- NHS Pension and employer contribution of 14.9%
- Occupational Health and Counselling services
- Career progression opportunities
If you are interested in the NHS Clinical Assessor position, then please click apply. Alternatively, you can call Ellouise on 07387 104 978 or email email@example.com.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.