£32118 - £39560 per annum
0151 556 2090
about 1 month ago
We are looking for registered clinicians.
Registered General Nurse, Mental Health Nurse, Learning Disabilities Nurse
Located within the Glasgow area (Home based with occasional site working)
Salary: Band 6 (£32,118 - £39,560)
Hours: Monday - Friday Office Hours (9am-5pm)
Full and Part Time roles Available with a full training period provided!
Meridian Business Support are currently looking for health care professionals such as Registered General Nurses, Mental Health Nurses and Learning Disability Nurses who are searching for their next career move. This opportunity is working for the NHS as a Clinical Assessor that will allow you to have an excellent work life balance and have office working hours cancelling out any night or weekend shifts! This role is ideal for those who are looking for a change from the hands-on clinical role but will still allow you to keep your NMC registration and will go towards your CPD.
Duties and Opportunities
Becoming a Clinical Assessor is an exciting opportunity that will provide you with a completely new challenge and allow you to add to your current clinical skill set. You would be working from home conducting telephone assessments with claimants of the Personal Independence Payment. This assessment will entail gathering accurate clinical and social history around the individual’s functional capability whilst carrying out everyday tasks. A full report will then be written based on your findings which would be used in the decision-making process; however, you would not be the decision maker, nor would you provide any treatment or diagnose conditions.
What does the assessment consist of?
The assessments consists of carrying out consultations with claimants making a claim for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in relation to a physical, mental health, cognitive and sensory impairment or disability. The assessment involves using strong communication skills to learn more how their impairment/disability affects the claimant.
- Must be NMC / HCPC registered
- 12 months post graduate experience
- You do not have to be a band 6 nurse currently – lower or higher bands are accepted!
- Must be IT competent - typing, MS packages
- Strong interpersonal skills
- No experience necessary as an assessor
- full comprehensive training is provided with full salary from day one.
- Full training and on-going support from a team of dedicated training managers that will provide you with a journey through a learning curve that provides professional and personal development and will also enhance your current skills and encourage peer support and mentoring.
- 8 weeks coaching programme and an inhouse trainer that will be there to support you and ensure that you progress within the role.
- NHS training in a variety of topics and will receive statutory training.
- Quarterly CPD days
- Excellent working hours – Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm
- Formal Disability Analyst Accreditation at the end of your training.
- Professional revalidation requirements
- 27 Days<5 years, rising to 29 days-5-10 years, 33 days->10 years (If you are already in the NHS then all benefits will role over including holiday entitlement)
- 8 Days public holidays
- NHS Pension and employer contribution of 14.9%
- Occupational Health and Counselling services
- Career progression opportunities
- Home working (Post pandemic you would complete a proportion of face to face site based assessments on a rotational basis)