£35000 - £42000 per annum
16 days ago
You will be:
- Assisting in the inspection, maintenance and repair of machinery and facilities.
- Perform preventative maintenance routines and condition monitoring of production machinery and facilities as per the inspection schedules.
- Maintaining accurate records of findings and works carried out
- Liaise closely with the Maintenance Supervisor and operations staff in all aspects to ensure efficient, effective and planned reactive maintenance at all times.
- Make safety inspections of tools and equipment.
- Diagnose faults and repair machines in a safe manner to minimise downtime and cost Anticipate machine failures and make such changes or recommendations to prevent re-occurrence and to minimise downtime.
- Work to improve reliability and productivity of equipment.
- Complete written records of all maintenance activities.
- Carry out maintenance tasks diligently and in good time using appropriate methodology.
- Be proactive in identify potential machine upgrades to improve lifespan, efficiency, productivity or safety of the machine and communicate these to the management team for consideration
- Carry out facilities maintenance to ensure the lifespan, productivity and safety of Company premises and grounds
- High levels of flexibility and the ability to change shifts to cover absences is a must
- Machines worked on will include Manual and CNC saws, drills and thermal cutting machines and shotblaster.
You will have:
- Good industrial electrical skills essential with experience of motors, gearboxes plcs, inverters etc.
- You will ideally have good mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge and practical experience in a similar manufacturing or heavy plant industrial environment.
- You must hold a valid UK driving license.
- A forklift and MEWP licence would be desirable but not essential.
- In house fabrication including welding (mma, mag & mig), flame cutting, plasma cutting experience of handling power tools including mag cutter, grinders and drills would be desirable.
- You must have experience working in a fast moving operational environment, working under pressure and your own initiative whilst also being an integral part of an effective team.
- Being able to analyse machine faults and consider the best way of making the repair efficiently, safely ad in a cost effective manner.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to plan and complete work in a methodical manner are essential
Hours of work are:Tuesday-Friday:9am-6.30pm & Saturday 7am-11am (One full Saturday per month)
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and apply today!