An amazing opportunity for experienced Commercial Manager to join an expanding, owner-managed Engineering business who offer unique solutions, predominantly within the defence sector. Your role will be to develop, lead and manage all commercial activities of the business both from a customer and supplier perspective, ensuring that profitable business growth is accelerated and that commercial success is achieved.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a commercial strategy for the business
- Engage and assist with all Bid proposals (Legal and Commercial aspects)
- Lead the reviews of all commercial contracts
- Support Business stream leads and project managers in all commercial matters and negotiations with Customers
- Assist with the management and delivery of all Industrial Co-operation agreements that may be in existence at any time.
- Support the Supply Chain team with development of Supplier Performance strategies that optimise the commercial position of the business including the provision of high-quality information around supplier performance.
- Act as a subject matter expert in relation to UK Defence Contracts
- Proven experience of working in a Commercial Management role for an engineering company directly supplying the MOD.
- An ability to review contracts across all sectors of the business in order to identify and limit all risks to the business and its customers and suppliers.
- You will be a confident individual, able to support business stream leads and project managers in all commercial matters and negotiations with Customers.
- You will have excellent exposure to UK Defence Contracts review and negotiation.
- Experience of working within a dynamic engineering environment
- Experience of Defence Contracting in a commercially focused role
- The role will require you to have, or be able to gain full security clearance
- Ideally you will possess some form of legal qualification, or have proven and extensive experience in contract law.
- 23 Days holiday + Bank holidays
- Group Life Cover
Working Hours: Full time - 40 hour week, 8.30-5 Mon to Thurs and 8.30-1 Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.