Clinical Assessor - Regional Mobile Disability Analyst
Location: Mobile, South West
Salary: £34,240 - £36,380 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package (see below)
Permanent contract -Full Time
Meridian Business Support has an excellent opportunity for you to develop your skills and qualify as a Mobile Disability Analyst.
You will be rewarded with a fantastic benefit package, company car with no weekend or bank holiday work required.
We are currently recruiting Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD or equivalent), Physiotherapist, Paramedic or Occupational Therapists for an exciting opportunity working on the DWPs disability contract. The role requires you to use your broad-based medical experience and clinical knowledge to conduct independent health assessments and write reports for the DWP. You will not be required to make any decisions within this role but simply assist with the health assessment of the claims process.
As an Assessor, you will utilise your clinical knowledge and broad-based medical experience by carrying out face to face assessments and examinations in a holistic manner. Such assessments focus on how a person's health condition(s) may have an impact on day-to-day life. The role will require you to use IT systems and software to write clear and concise medical reports which will later be used for decision making purposes.
Your primary role will be to conduct assessments in line with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) guidelines for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) a benefit designed to help support people who are living with long-term health conditions or disabilities.
It will involve a mixture of home consultations and assessment centre-based appointments, working on a rotational basis with 2 weeks away and 1 week at your home location. When working away the role will still combine home and centre-based consultations, so although autonomous will still mean interacting with managers and colleagues. Given the travel and the wide range of disabilities and conditions the role will be varied and will contribute to your expanding clinical knowledge.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team working throughout the UK, full flexibility to travel will be required to carry out this exciting and challenging role.
- Nurses (RGNs, RMNs, RNLDs), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists or Paramedics
- Valid drivers licence and fully flexible to travel anywhere in the UK
- You will receive comprehensive training as part of a 20 week induction and receive ongoing peer support from a range of health professionals.
Salary & Benefits
- Starting Salary - £34,240, salary enhancements after 1 and 2 years £36,380.
- A premium, low emission company car.
- All work-related travel and hotels all paid for.
- 25 days annual leave, with the option to buy 10 and sell up to 5 days
- Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
- Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
- Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
- Health screening every 2 years after 1 years service
- Thorough in-house and professional training and development, well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
- Flexible benefits tailored to your needs - travel or dental insurance, child care vouchers and more
The recruitment process
Meridian Business Support is a multi-sector employment agency with branches across the UK and 30 years recruitment experience. We have a branch based in Liverpool that specialise in disability recruitment. The team of Senior Consultants in Liverpool have an in-depth knowledge of the sector and a track record of placing candidates into these roles. You will have a dedicated consultant who is on call to answer any questions and take you through the application and interview process as well as arranging your start date/training date.
If you are interested in the role and would like to start an application then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch. Alternatively, to find out further information or to have a confidential conversation please call or email
Samantha Hughes - 07876865570 or email samantha.hughes @ meridianbs.co.uk
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.