£25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Additional Holiday for Christmas Shutdown, Subsidised Canteen
01392 423 301
29 days ago
Are you an experienced Metrologist with excellent CMM Operating skills, within a precision engineering environment? Then our client is an Automotive manufacturer and they could offer you the next role you now seek to fully utilise these skills.
- Writing calibration / verification programmes from CAD model.
- Gauge / tooling calibration / verification to CAD programmes.
- Maintain calibration database (Gagepack software).
- CMM measurement of Manufacturing fixtures.
- Calibration of handheld equipment.
- Use of Measuring and Checking equipment.
- Control of documentation.
- Communicationg with and co-ordinating external calibration contractors.
5 years experience in a CMM operating role in an automotive or other precision engineering environment.
Experience of using portable arm (Romer) type CMMs.
Thorough understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
Familiar with use of hand held measuring equipment such as micrometers and verniers.
Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
Experience of measurement/inspection of automotive or precision components an advantage.
An understanding of ISO9001 and/or IATF16949 Quality Systems.
Experience of working within a Quality Assurance Department .
Attention to detail
Computer literate with the ability to generate dimensional reports.
Preferably hold an engineering qualification.
Additional holiday for Christmas shutdown
Subsidised staff canteen on site
8-5 Mon-Thurs, 8-3.30 Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.