Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
£35000 - £45000 per annum
8 months ago
Mechanical Estimator (M&E Contractor) - Middlesbrough
My client is a design & build contractor operating in strategic sectors in the UK including Nuclear, Nuclear Decommissioning, Power, Water, Waste Water & Waste to Energy. They have operations across Teesside, Cumbria and Warwickshire.
They require a Mechanical Estimator to be based permanently at their Middlesbrough office.
- Compile the mechanical content of our tender bid submissions.
- Produce accurate estimates and to negotiate successful tenders through to hand-over with the delivery teams.
- Gather and analyse all necessary data in order to get a sense of how much the project is likely to cost, and relay this back to the client.
- Work closely with the mechanical director and, when appropriate, the electrical estimating team to ensure all key deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Engage with subcontractors and specialist supply chain to obtain proposals and determine cost certainty and compliance.
- Establish a good understanding of the tender project and identify any risks or areas open to value engineered solutions.
- Establish close working relationships with the client, consultants and suppliers supporting the tender.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- HND or HNC in Mechanical Building Services.
- Understand and analyse Mechanical, Structural, Architectural and other related drawings and schematics.
- Previous on site experience.
- Experience of mechanical services engineering.
If you meet the requirements of this role please contact Paris Desouza firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry. Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.