Mechanical Engineer - Graduate
Project Engineer Role The Opportunity:
If you are seeking a Graduate role as a recent Engineering Graduate
, then this could be the ideal role for you. As a Project Engineer
within this global organisation with a well established and supportive manufacturing facility in Somerset, you will have some superb mentors to guide you on your path within an Engineering career. The position would suit somebody with a BEng
in, perhaps, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering.
Your role as Project Engineer
will be to take responsibility for the day-to-day management and development of new product projects from conception to completion, including the transfer into mainstream production, ensuring that they are all completed within the specified customer requirements and time scales.The Role:
What you will bring to the Team:
- Working in conjunction with the Business Development Manager develops a new product from conception to completion to customer specifications and timeframe.
- Plans and re-evaluates all stages of the project within the ‘New Product Introduction’ and AQP systems using control plans and FMEA, ensuring the Business Development Manager or customer is aware of project progress, product limitations or unforeseen complications, including timings.
- Required to use Solidworks CAD system to produce accurate 3D models, drawings, and to help with the design and manufacture of tooling.
- Ensures the final product conforms to the customer’s specification, the company’s internal quality standards (IATF 16949) and current health & safety legislation.
- an engineering based education or be able to show equivalent experience
- be computer literate
- be able to continually work to a high degree of accuracy
- an awareness of general problem solving methodology and techniques.
- experience of CAD systems, engineering drawings, tool design and project management
- knowledge of quality systems, APQ & control plans and FMEA
- Contributory pension
- Death in service insurance
8am-5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am-2pm Fridays