Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Negotiable
8 months ago
Mechanical Design Engineer - Hull
My client is an M&E building services contractor based in Hornsea. They currently require a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the business on a permanent basis.
The company is in the process of moving their head office premises from Hornsea to Hull meaning this person will initially be based in Hornsea - remote working can be arranged until the move is complete.
- Will involve producing and revising plumbing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning installation designs using CAD packages and modelling/calculation software.
- Multiple Modular construction projects on commercial build projects - Offices, Education and Health care.
- Technical design & drawing understanding.
- Working closely with the pre-construction team in developing the M&E packages.
- Attending project, client and subcontractor progress meetings.
- The role is office based, although attending site and client meetings may be required occasionally.
- The successful candidate should have a good working knowledge of all relevant British and European Standards and CIBSE guides.
- Experience working in Revit would be advantageous but not essential.
- The candidate should ideally have the knowledge to:
- Calculate Heat Losses and Heat Gains to buildings.
- Size plant (boilers, AHUs etc)
- Part L.
- Pipe and ductwork sizing (LTHW, H&C, Gas etc)
- HTM Specifications (advantageous)
If you meet the requirements of this role please contact Paris Desouza email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry. Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.