A superb opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a very innovative Research & Development team. You will be responsible for the design of new products working across all aspects of new product design as well as existing product drawing support. You will be part of a key team recognised for producing exciting market-leading products within the domestic market sector. The products are increasingly contemporary in design and reflect the markets desire for high quality materials and design features.
- You will work on new ideas and concepts to produce a highly decorative product whilst using your CAD design skills on a daily basis.
- Working within the R&D function, utilising your understanding of fabricated product assembly.
- Ability to communicate and liaise with all internal departments (design, production engineering, production and purchasing) as well as external suppliers both in the UK and abroad.
- A sound knowledge of Solid Edge modelling software would be an advantage, consideration will be given to candidates who can demonstrate previous use of other 3D modelling software packages.
- Proven background in the design of sheet metal fabrications is essential. Previous experience in the design of decorative products whilst not essential would be distinct advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to be innovative and creative within a regulated engineering environment.
- 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
8.30-5.30 Mon - Fri To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.