£30000 - £36000 per annum, Benefits: plus generous benefits package
about 2 months ago
Location: Gloucestershire, with good links to M5 motorway
Salary: £30,000 - £36,000 This salary is negotiable based on your capabilities and experience so there is room for discussion to meet your salary requirements, just get in touch for more information.
Benefits: Generous pension contributions, life assurance policy, Christmas shut down, generous holiday entitlement which increases with service, regular overtime available, free on-site parking and modern facilities and a great deal more (more details available).
Contract Type: Permanent
Following an internal promotion, a well-respected precision engineering firm based in Gloucestershire are seeking a Materials and Production Planner to take up a permanent position to plan efficient machine loading capacity and materials flow to meet customer demand.
With a long, stable history and operating from modern, well equipped premises, they can offer job security and career stability due to the blend of customers they supply, drawn from a wide variety of industries.
This position is commutable from Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Worcester and surrounding areas.
Role & Responsibilities for Materials and Production Planner:
- Development of production plans for department supervisors
- Monitoring workload, machine shop capacity inventory
- Checking stock for material availability
- Monitoring production output against the plan or master production schedule, flagging items for prioritisation
- Monitoring ‘delivery to customer’ performance, measured against planned customer schedules
- Managing customer expectations, providing timely feedback on queries
- Reporting production levels to senior management teams
- Releasing materials orders to suppliers according to schedules and forecasts, chasing up as and when needed
- Creating purchase orders on stock control system and generating correct paperwork
- Speaking with sub contractors to confirm order volumes, confirming expected delivery dates and tracking progress
- Attending production meetings to report current and planned figures
- Producing daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Daily use of the company's MRP system
Skills & Experience for Materials and Production Planner:
- Experience of working as a Production Planner in a CNC Machining environment
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Strong organisational skills, able to establish priorities, whilst managing multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of producing reports and presenting details to senior management
- Computer literate, experienced in using Microsoft Office software
- Experience of working with a resource planning system (ERP/MRP)
To apply for Materials and Production Planner job or if you’d like more information
You can apply for this position either by using the ‘apply now’ button on this advert or by getting in touch with Tom Andrews, directly on 01242-246-020 or firstname.lastname@example.org tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk.
No problem - If you’d like to learn more about the job I’m offering before applying or if you haven’t got a CV drawn up yet, why not get in touch and I’d be happy to help. Any conversations will be held in strict confidence.