£60000 - £70000 per annum, Benefits: Huge potential growth!
01392 423 301
15 days ago
We are a young, innovative, rapidly growing SME within the cosmetics industry, and with an ambitious future ahead we are seeking an exceptional ‘up and coming’ Marketing & Comms Director. You will ideally come from a Cosmetics / Beauty industry, or possibly Fashion or Retail and take responsibility for all the marketing and communications output (reporting to the Head of Global Marketing). You will lead a small team of marketeers, communicators, and social media experts and head up all marketing activity influencing the style, colour, imagery and ToV of the brand and then translating this all the way through traditional and digital marketing. You will coordinate our brand communication and PR work and offer cohesion and support to the teams; presenting coordinated, creative marketing output to the CMO and board.
You will already be a senior marketing professional in mid-career (or maybe in the early years of a ‘stella career’), with specific, significant and relevant experience prominent in your CV. Maybe a senior Marketeer in a larger company looking to step up and to broaden responsibilities into a leadership role.
- Taking your creative steer from the CMO, the CEO and the HO Creative, and working very closely with all stakeholders, creating and executing marketing plans in support of a packed marketing and NPD calendar, designing and interpreting briefs, and leading the team to delivery on projects with very tight timetables; the role requires amazing strengths of collaboration, interpretation, creativity and vision, and a commitment to project excellence and team success.
- You will lead the marketing and comms team, developing people and careers and focus talent to deliver best-in-class marketing output, bringing every project through on time, on message and on budget.
- You will coach, inspire and manage the (small) team and create an unrivalled environment for excellence.
- You will need to be proactive and creative, pre-empting the needs of the business and the senior leaders, and produce stunning work that inspires the board, the team and the marketplace.
- At all times, you’ll need a very close eye to detail to ensure the team, time and again, produce error-free, market-leading, brand communication, that translates the mind of our founder into practical market-leading marketing.
- Leadership and marketing experience and demonstrable talent. Maybe an on-line portfolio of your creative talent might exist, or your CV might be full of momentum in your marketing/leadership career.
- High levels of skills and confidence in using on-line digital marketing, particularly via social media and ideally within an Apple/Mac and ‘sharp end’ IT environment.
- Collaboration as well as creativity, the ability to build rapport and generate buy-in is hugely important; to take a steer as to the creative framework but then to build the marketing deliverables on top
- You might have cosmetics industry knowledge (that would be a really big plus) but more importantly will be the need for you to understand the issues of an SME fast growing owner-led business, with small teams and a very flexible, ever-changing marketing brief.