£35000 - £40000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare, Holiday, Parking
8 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Weld Engineer to join our global engineering client based in Redditch. This is a full time, permanent position with a growing organisation who are one of the leaders within their market.
The salary offered for this role is £35,000pa - £40,000pa DOE and this is complimented by an excellent benefits and company perks package.
What you will be doing:
- You will be responsible for developing welding and Brazing techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment in the fabrication of metals
- Develop and validate weld process sheets and welding parameters
- Develop a thorough understanding of the shielding gas system and track consumption rates and mixture
- Monitor welding consumables and weld wire, and identify and implement cost saving opportunities
- Develop, conduct, and coordinate welder training classes
- Facilitate the analysis of weld coupons and provide technical assistance to the assembly areas
- Implement process improvements due to weld failures and defects
- Ensure accurate documentation of all manual and orbital weld parameters
- Provide NPI support
- Relevant welding qualifications
- BEng/MEng in Mechanical Engineering or a willingness to undertake
- Experience with PFMEA and PPAP
- Knowledge of weld and braze joining process (NDT a plus FPI).
- Experience in manufacturing.
- 5 years of Weld Engineering experience would be an advantage.
Still interested? Please apply online with your CV today or email your CV to email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.