£26000 - £30000 per annum
0118 907 3199
5 months ago
Our client, a leading engineering manufacturer specialising in steam, they produce niche peristaltic pumps and associated fluid thermal technologies within 16 countries around the world.
Don't worry, you won’t need to know about stream - You just need to know how to manage a Warehouse.
- Salary - up tp £30,000 dependant on experience
- Monday to Friday
- 2 week rota :W1 Monday - Friday 08.45 - 17:00 & WK2 Monday to Thursday 07.45 - 17.00 & Friday 07:45 - 12.45
- Goods in experience essential
As a Warehouse team leader , you will assist with the day to day operations within the warehouse, You will be reasonable for overseeing the packing of finished goods to drive fulfilment rates and provide training and coaching to ensure service level targets are consistently achieved
You will also support the Warehouse manager with workloads & priorities within tight time scales and contribute to the implementing operational strategy in line with business objectives. Health & Safety is key to our operation and there for risk assessment activity’s alongside using you lean techniques to drive consistent improvements
- Provide direction, instruction and guidance to a team of up to 15 staff members
- Manage day to day staff task allocation.
- Manage resource to ensure all areas are manned and equipped to meet business requirements.
- Attend & contribute to various projects and programs as requested.
- Gain an understanding of relevant departmental KPI’s and what they relate too.
- Ability to interpret data to support key functions and departmental improvements
- Carry out RTW’s .
- Carry out accident/near miss/incident investigations.
- Ensure all safety inspections are complete and up to date.
- Manage and review risk assessments.
- Carry out weekly/monthly team briefings as required.
- Develop peer group cross functional relationships.
- Excellent working knowledge of departmental roles under direct remit
- Communicate clear instructions to team members
- Ensure that the factory, warehouse and yard areas are clean & tidy
- Strong Experience of leading and developing a team
- Analytical problem solver
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of working with a Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system
- Sound understanding of operating and applying Environment, Health and Safety (EHS)
- Recognised EHS qualification i.e. NEBOSH
- Experience in conducting risk assessments
- Experience of using and implementing Continuous Improvement (CI) tools - Use and implementation of CI tool such as Six Sigma, 5Y, etc.
- Ability to proactively work in a cross functional way with key stakeholders from other parts of the business