Meridian Business Support are currently working in partnership with a long term client to source an experienced Manufacturing Supervisor to work out of their facility in the South of Glasgow.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a stable and reputable global organisation that will give you the platform to forge a successful career within their business.
The key focus will be to supervise the manufacturing department, meet the produced plan, performance / quality targets and customer requirements within agreed resource levels.
- Supervise sections to ensure that planned production and quality standards are achieved
- Continually improve quality, productivity and housekeeping
- Assist in producing production plans and targets
- Co-operate with and assist other departments to enable them to achieve their objectives
- Monitor and appraise section personnel and agree training and development where necessary
- Ensure that the personnel within the cells/area have the skills and knowledge to carry out the assembly/test function and the skills matrix/training file is maintained
Experience / Skills
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience within a manufacturing environment
- Understanding up LEAN manufacturing is highly advantageous
- High levels of attention to detail
- Have a strong understanding of production flow
- Quality conscious
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.