£45000 - £60000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Working hours: 39 hour working week 7.30am - 4.00pm Mon-Thurs, early finish Fridays
Salary: as a guide, £45,000 - £60,000 and we’re happy to discuss your salary expectations to meet your requirements.
Benefits: Very competitive salary, Manager's bonus scheme, private health care, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, company pension scheme, Christmas shut down, free on-site parking, clean, bright and modern facilities, regular investment in new equipment with new investments purchased recently.
Contract type: permanent
This job might also suit: Production Manager, Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Operations Manager or perhaps a Managing Director of a sub contract precision engineering business or similar.
Commutable from: Gloucester, Worcester, Malvern, Forest of Dean, Tewkesbury, Cheltenham, Stonehouse, Stroud and surrounding areas
After a period of sustained growth and a great deal of success, the company Directorship have decided to create a brand-new vacancy for a Manufacturing Manager to join the leadership team of a hidden gem of a sub-contract precision engineering business in the heart of Gloucestershire.
In current times of uncertainty the company has continued to go from strength to strength. This long established business has an impressive list of loyal clients and long term contracts for customers across the UK, including long term government contracts, and they are now looking to further secure the company's strategic development as the business continues to grow.
The reputation for quality the company has developed over the years has resulted in a broad and diverse customer base with precision machined component parts and fabrications being supplied every day to small, private customers and to larger household name businesses alike in in a wide range of industries in both the private and public sectors.
Joining the company leadership team to take on the lead engineering operations management position in the business, your technical skills and experience coupled with your business insight will ensure operations processes are the best they can be, delivering products of the highest quality to customers on time and in full.
Your duties as Manufacturing Manager will include (amongst other things):
- Being responsible for championing and ensuring safe working practices
- Maintaining and working to departmental budgets
- Resource planning and allocation
- Supporting New Product Introduction activities
- Putting in place and sustaining Key Performance Indicators to measure business success and delivery
- Developing, maintaining and improving best working practices
- People management, leading, coaching, developing and appraising of individuals and teams
- Identifying skills gaps, then securing training and development or recruiting to bridge these gaps
About you (the essentials)
These are the skills and experience we're looking for in the Manufacturing Manager we're going to hire:
- demonstrable skill in managing Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People in a sub-contract precision engineering environment at a mid- to senior level
- understanding how a CNC machine shop and/or welding and fabrication shop operates, the challenges faced, the skills and experience needed from individuals and the machine tools and equipment required to produce precision engineered component parts and fabrications
- enabling and managing safe working practices
- leading the drive for quality
- managing a budget
- getting the best out of individuals and of teams to achieve collective success
- leading and managing individuals and teams against Key Performance Indicators, promoting take up and sustaining commitment
- using MRP software to manage the throughput of customer orders and to plan resources
- using Microsoft Office software, Word and Excel and
- managing time effectively to meet required deadlines.
To apply for this Manufacturing Manager job or if you’d like more information
You can apply for this position either by using the ‘apply now’ button on this advert or by getting in touch with Tom Andrews, directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org tandrews (at) meridianbs (dot) co (dot) uk
No problem - If you’d like to learn more about this job before applying or if you haven’t got a CV drawn up yet, just get in touch and I’d be happy to help. Any conversations will be held in strict confidence.
Key words for search purposes only: Production Manager, Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Operations Manager, Managing Director, Production Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Operations Manager, Director, CNC Programmer, Estimator, Planner, MRP, sub contract, subcontract, precision engineering