LH Manuf Eng (Elec)_1581611189
8 months ago
If you are a Manufacturing Engineer (Electrical), please read about our fantastic role and call us for an immediate chat.
We are working with a world class helicopter manufacturer based in Yeovil, Somerset who are looking to take on Electrical Manufacturing Engineers for an ongoing contract. This role would involve planning, improving and perfecting the aircraft wiring loom assembly sequences to achieve the customer requirements.
We're ideally looking for Manufacturing Engineers with a background in aerospace but this isn't essential so if you're from another engineering background (perhaps automotive or defence) and you're interested in applying, please do get in touch.
Manufacturing Engineer - some of the tasks involved:
- Create Manufacturing Bills of material (BOM), Delivery Standard Documentation and Work Instructions
- Process design changes and introduce into the current assembly process
- Identify and implement improvements to the build process and build logic
- Support Shop floor in manufacturing processes.
- Compile Production Orders to manufacture or rework components
- Identify & request tooling
- Provide estimates of production times to enable accurate capacity planning and cost estimating
- Plan activities, review and report on progress and status of work to provide clear statement of position, issues and actions
Manufacturing Engineer - some of the experience we're looking for:
- Educated to at least ONC or equivalent in an electrical engineering discipline and/or a time served apprenticeship.
- Electrical manufacturing/production/process engineering background
- Working knowledge of CATIA (V5) & ENOVIA an advantage.
- Understanding of MRP principles.
- A knowledge of Electrical Systems (in aircraft ideally, but can consider others backgrounds).
- Familiar with the use of Microsoft office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Team worker and good communicator.
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing techniques.
Meridian Business Support Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.