£38000 - £45000 per annum
2 months ago
Would also suit Project Engineer, Production Engineer, NPI Engineer, CNC Programmer
Location Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. Just off junction 9 of the M5 motorway, easily commutable from Worcester, Malvern, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Stonehouse and surrounding areas.
Salary £ Please do get in touch to discuss your salary requirements. We’re looking to offer a great salary and benefits package with room to meet your needs
Working hours Day shift with lunchtime finish on Fridays
Benefits Generous pension contributions, life assurance, Christmas shut down, holiday entitlement increases with service, free uniform, free on-site parking, company bonus scheme and Christmas bonus. Clean, modern premises with investment in well-maintained machine tools and equipment.
Experienced Manufacturing Engineer required by a well established and growing, highly reputable precision engineering business in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.
This is a rare and unique opportunity to join a specialist manufacturer offering the prospect of taking on a wide ranging and interesting position where your engineering expertise will have a real impact on new product introduction and future manufacturing processes.
Are you a skilled engineer with a background of working with CNC Machine tools?
Do you have experience of introducing new products to manufacture and perfecting current operations?
Perhaps you have a talent for getting the best out of CNC machine tools and maximising OEE?
If this sounds like you then please do read on, you might be just the person we’re looking for…
Specialising in the design and manufacture of precision equipment to the highest quality standards and working with customers across the UK, the Company has gone from strength to strength and are continuing this trajectory as part of a planned growth strategy. Working from modern, clean and well-maintained premises where careful investment in employees and new technology has driven the success of the business, it will be your flair for identifying and delivering manufacturing best practice which will support the Company’s progress into the next phase of advancement.
In this brand-new role which has been created to support the company’s next step in their growth programme, you will be the link between the design team and the manufacturing team. You will join the senior engineering taskforce and you will work closely with designers to bring new products into the product portfolio, perfect current manufacturing processes and support a team of skilled CNC Machinists to be the best they can be.
As Manufacturing Engineer, your job will see you:
- working closely with designers to advise on new product design for manufacture;
- trouble shooting and resolving manufacturing challenges;
- designing bespoke tooling and working with tooling reps to select best tooling;
- proving out designs and resolving prototype non-conformances against model;
- refining manufacturability for new product introduction and embedding new processes;
- creating and then maintaining machine routing method plans;
- recommending improvements to current manufacturing processes and developing best practices;
- using lean manufacturing tools to monitor, review and maximise machine tool efficiency;
- becoming the lead for company CNC machining, promoting best practice and supporting employees to be the best they can be through training, guidance and leveraging lean manufacturing tools;
- proposing and advising on future capital investment, including justification of financial outlay against payback schedules and
- working with machine tool suppliers to ensure smooth introduction of new equipment into the business.
Sounds interesting? Here’s what we’ll need from you…
We’re looking to hire an ambitious, energetic Manufacturing Engineer with the drive and innovative spirit to make a difference. Amongst other skills and experience, you will have:
- a background in new product development for manufacture;
- prior experience in a project or manufacturing engineering position;
- a sound understanding of CNC machine tool programming, setting and operating;
- the ability to understand complex engineering drawings;
- great communication skills with the knack of being able talk through engineering theory and its practical implications with colleagues;
- a solid grasp of manufacturing routing to achieve best possible OEE;
- the capability to make considered proposals for capital investment and
- experience of training and guiding CNC Machinists to become great engineers.
Sounds like you? Take a look at the package on offer...
- a great starting salary and benefits package;
- company bonus scheme and Christmas bonus;
- lots of free parking always available
- well maintained CNC machines with regular investment in the latest equipment
- modern, clean, well organised facilities;
- a friendly, welcoming team atmosphere and very knowledgeable and supportive management style;
- long term order book with established specialist contracts;
- holiday entitlement rising with length of service, plus all bank holidays paid, Christmas shut down;
- life cover and
- all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) paid for by the company.
- please get in touch for a complete benefits package
To apply for this Manufacturing Engineer position
Don't worry - we promise complete confidentiality.
If you’d like to be considered as a candidate for this vacancy or if you'd just like to find out more, please do use the ‘apply now’ button on this advertisement to send in your CV or get in touch directly with me, Tom Andrews, by email on firstname.lastname@example.org tandrews (at) meridianbs (dot) co (dot) uk
Not everyone has one already written up – please do get in touch and I’d be happy to help.
Key words for search purposes only: programmer NPI manufacturing engineer project engineer CNC milling miller turner lathe machining centre setter operator precision engineering machine GL20 8TD Salary £