£14.50 per hour, Benefits: + overtime and good benefits package
about 1 month ago
Shifts: Days, early finish Fridays
Salary: Up to £14.50 per hour + overtime and a very good benefits package
Job status: Permanent
With the upcoming retirement of the current post holder, a CNC Miller Setter Operator vacancy has just become available to run an early/vintage ‘universal’ CNC Mill with a well-established engineering company in Cheltenham, commutable from Worcester, Tewkesbury, Gloucester, Stonehouse, Stroud and surrounding areas.
The company has an excellent reputation in the market for quality engineering and have been trading for decades. They are well-established in producing components for the aerospace, automotive, medical and oil & gas industries. They have a mix of modern, state of the art machinery along with some older, more conventional machine tools.
When you start this job, you will join the team and will be given a full handover of the role before the current post holder retires.
Role and Responsibilities for the Manual / Conventional / Early CNC Miller Setter Operator role include:
- Setting and running an early/vintage ‘universal’ CNC milling machine
- Reading engineering drawings
- Selection of correct tooling
- Roughing out of component parts
- Checking your own work for quality
Skills & Experience for Manual / Conventional / Early CNC Miller Setter Operator:
- Previous recent experience of setting and running conventional or manual milling machines such as Bridgeport mills or large conventional milling machines is essential
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings is critical
- The ability to check your own work for quality is essential too
- Recent experience of setting and operating early CNC mills would be an advantage
- An understanding of Heidenhain controls would be an advantage also
For more information on this CNC Setter Operator role or any other opportunities we have please contact Tom at Meridian Recruitment email@example.com tandrews (at) meridianbs (dot) co (dot) uk Your application or enquiry will be taken in strict confidence.
No problem! Get in touch, I’d be happy to help.